About the Company
tech2 is a proudly Australian owned business and the nation’s front runner for all sorts of tech installation and trade services.
It delivers excellence in telecommunications, setting up home and business audio visual equipment, whitegoods installation, connecting smart homes and providing technical support for computers and tablet devices.
Whether it’s solving a problem or installing a solution, tech2 has been making technology work simply and seamlessly for homes and businesses all over Australia, since its beginnings in 1998.
tech2 – empowering people to connect
About the Role
tech2 is seeking to engage a proven, strong performing and highly motivated full time Audio Visual offsider that will also assist deliver and install white goods.
This is a permanent role where you will work alongside an experienced Technician and be provided with ongoing training and support to later become an AV Technician.
You will need your own reliable vehicle to get to work each day or meet the AV technician where you will then be working out of a tech2 vehicle.
Please note this role will require you to work Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm depending on work volumes, plus every other Saturday – overtime available.
What you will be doing:
- Assist with the delivery and installation of white goods such as Dishwashers and Dryers or similar – using a trolley to safely deliver goods from vehicle to customers premises
- Assist with the installation of residential Audio Visual/Digital TV Antenna/Home Networking equipment, including mounting TV’s, Home Theatres, Projects, Surround Sound Systems
- Be trained in the installation of Smart products such as Google, Amazon etc
- Focus on Quality & Occupational Health & Safety & ability to safely lift goods ensuing use of trolleys and 2 person lifts as required
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience in a similar Offsider/Labourer role
- Experience in delivery and installation of white goods such as Dishwashers and Dryers or similar – using a trolley to safely deliver goods from vehicle to customers premises
- High level of customer service skills a MUST
- High attention to detail
In addition you will need to have or happy to get:
- White Card
- Working at Heights
- Current CPR HLTAID001
To be considered for this role the successful candidate must have their own reliable transport to get to work each day, a clean current drivers license, full work rights to work in Australia as well as a clean, valid police check carried out within the last 6 months.
Join an inclusive, high performing and dynamic team guided by our core values of Teamwork, Excellence, Customer First and Health & Safety.
We offer flexible working options to support work/life balance and have a great range of employee benefits including health and wellbeing programs, performance incentives and opportunities for career progression and increased knowledge base.
We recognise the value of equal employment opportunities and are committed to promoting fairness, equity and diversity. We encourage applications from people with a variety of customer services backgrounds.
We’d love to meet you
If you love customers and building solutions, please apply for this role by submitting your application and attaching your up-to-date resume in Word format.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.