There’s no excuse for living in a jungle of cords these days, with so many affordable Bluetooth devices fit for purpose! This technology has been keeping portable gadgets connected for over two decades and still remains highly relevant.
Freeing up space
Going wireless is an effective way to remove cable clutter from your desk at home or work, and tech2 can help you get your devices connected. Sure, you can always plug a dongle into your computer to use a wireless mouse and keyboard. But if you need to save on using those USB ports for flash drives and other things, a Bluetooth mouse and keyboard is a better option. Want to take it a step further? Consider a Bluetooth printer you can store out of the way on a shelf.
Making sound portable
Bluetooth speakers and headphones have improved immensely over the years and become much cheaper. Newer models generally have little to no sacrifice in sound quality when compared to a wired option. They can connect to a wide range of devices including tablets, smartphones and computers. Bluetooth speakers are highly portable, space-saving and consume less power than you think. If you’re on the run and need your cables out of the way, Bluetooth headphones can help you focus on your workout.
Enhancing gaming experiences
Bluetooth gaming headsets have excellent audio and feature microphones for communicating with other players over the internet. And for a realistic and immersive gaming experience, Bluetooth hand controllers are convenient, functional and have no wires to break. Just keep an eye on your battery life on these devices, or you may experience unwanted audio lag or connection issues while in the middle of a game!
Making the most of Bluetooth
- Bluetooth operates best over a short distance, usually a maximum of 9 metres (30 feet).
- While Bluetooth works well for connecting portable devices, you might prefer WiFi for transferring data and files – it’s much quicker. tech2 can assist with all kinds of data transfer and back up methods including cloud solutions (e.g. OneDrive, Google Drive, iCloud) or using a USB drive or USB cable.
- You can maximise the battery life of your Bluetooth devices by turning them off when not in use.
- Generally Bluetooth devices have to initially be “paired” so they communicate to each other. tech2 can assist with pairing devices like Bluetooth mice with your PC. Once you’ve finished the setup the connections should happen automatically if Bluetooth is switched on both devices.
- Most laptops now have Bluetooth connectivity built-in. If you’re using a desktop computer that doesn’t have this feature, a workaround option is a Bluetooth dongle that plugs into a USB port.
Our tech support team can help you set up all kinds of peripherals, including Bluetooth mice, keyboards and digital cameras. Contact us for over-the-phone support today!