tech2 is a leading national provider of field services in the Telecommunications industry, with operations in all major capital cities and territories.
Due to the increase of works and release of new projects, tech2 is engaging experienced, strong performing and highly motivated Labourer/Technician to work on the fibre network
About the Role
These works will initially be working across the Melbourne Metro areas focusing on our ever-growing civils project with works including, but not limited to completing the labour associated with rodding, roping, hauling & proving existing ducts as well as laying conduit, digging trenches, pre-scoping and locating
This role will suit someone who has a can do and flexible attitude, that takes pride in their work and has a focus on quality and safety at all times.
This is a physically demanding role and you must be comfortable working in all types of weather conditions.
This role will see you working Monday – Friday 7.30am – 3.30pm, however flexibility is required to work extended hours if required
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
• Demonstrated technician experience / labouring or offsider experience will be considered
• Experience in the Telecommunication industry preferred
• Experience carrying out civils work or constructions or other relevant areas will be considered
• Previous experience working on fibre networks will be highly regarded
• Excellent communications skills
• A focus on customer service
• The ability to take direction and act quickly whilst focussing on quality
• Willingness to learn new tasks
• Follow all OH&S rules
• Computer skills as will be working on an iPad
The successful candidate must have or be willing to get the following before commencing to, meet our strict audit requirements
• Construction Induction – White Card
• HLTAID001 – Provide CPR – renewed annually
• MANUAL Clean Valid Australian Driver’s License – MR Drivers Licence Highly Desirable
• Full Work Rights in Australia
• Clean Valid Police Clearance (done within the last 6 months)
• Have your own reliable vehicle to get to site each day
In addition, you must have steel cap boots and hi-vis work wear.
In return, the successful candidate will get ongoing training and will get to learn all aspects of the fibre network.
Please apply online attaching an up-to-date resume outlining your relevant experience for this role.
tech2 workers and their families enjoy a wide range of discounts at over 350 major retailers across Australia, thanks to our exclusive benefits program.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.