tech2 is a leading national provider of field services in the Telecommunications industry, with operations in all major capital cities and territories.
Due to works on the NBN HFC Network, tech2 is engaging experienced, strong performing and highly motivated technicians, looking for long term opportunities to work across North Brisbane through to the Gold Coast.
About the Role
These works will see you identifying, troubleshooting and fixing issues on the HFC network for both SDU & MDU’s for both underground and aerial works. You will be provided with a list of works that have not meet testing criteria after installation and commissioning and will be required to check jobs from the tap to the pit and the amp to identify where issues are occurring and then have the ability to fix them to meet testing requirements.
Therefore experience in the following areas is a must to be considered for these opportunities: – HFC network SDU/MDU installations; Tap replacements; AMP balancing and HFC troubleshooting skills.
This role will suit those who have a can do and flexible attitude, that takes pride in their work and has a focus on quality and safety at all times.
This is a physically demanding role and you must be comfortable working in all types of weather conditions as well as working at heights for our aerial works.
This role will see you working Monday – Friday 7.00am – 3.00pm, however flexibility is required to work extended hours if required
Please note: These roles will commence on Monday 14th January 2019
To be considered for this role you must have the following:
• Experienced telecommunication technician working on the HFC Network on both SDU and MDU’s
• Experience with tap replacements and AMP balancing
• Preferably experience in both underground and aerial works
• Strong troubleshooting skills as you will need to identify and fix issues to meet testing criteria
• Excellent communications skills
• A focus on customer service
• The ability to take direction and act quickly whilst focussing on quality
• Willingness to learn new tasks
• Follow all OH&S rules
• Computer skills as will be working on an iPad
The successful candidate must have or be willing to get the following before commencing to, meet our strict audit requirements
• Construction Induction – White Card
• HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid – renewed annually
• Clean Valid Australian Driver’s License
• Full Work Rights in Australia
• Clean Valid Police Clearance (done within the last 6 months)
• Working at Heights, QLD Traffic Management ticket & QLD Power Awareness – highly desirable
• EWP experience/license – highly desirable
• Have your own reliable vehicle to get to site each day.
In addition you must have steel cap boots and hi-vis work wear.
In return the successful candidate will get ongoing training and for the right candidates long term permanent opportunities may be available down the track.
Working as part of a 2 man team you will be working out of a company vehicle and the team will be provided with mobile and ipad for work purposes only.
Please apply online attaching an up-to-date resume outlining your relevant experience for this role.
tech2 workers and their families enjoy a wide range of discounts at over 350 major retailers across Australia, thanks to our exclusive benefits program.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.