tech2 is a leading national provider of field services in the Telecommunications industry. With operations in all major capital cities and territories, we have several large scale projects underway, coupled with a strong pipeline of future opportunities due to commence in the foreseeable future. As the company is growing to meet operational and client demands, we are now seeking experienced Programme Managers to join our highly successful team based in our Ultimo office.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Manager – Telecommunications, the Project Officer / Co-Ordinator will be responsible for taking both internal and external projects from conception through to / including implementation phase of a multitude of telecommunication projects. Whilst managing the Project Management of a variety of projects you will ensure that the operational functions of the business are able to deliver on all our project commitments with our Clients.
The key duties of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Programme Manage a number of projects from conception through to and including implementation
- Manage & report on upcoming milestones and deadlines
- Process mapping and process design of new work streams
- Advise in advance any projects/milestones/deadlines that are not going to be met, the impact on the business & required actions to resolve these issues to proactively mitigate risk & resolve potential issues
- Liaise with all areas of the business to ensure buy-in on timelines and requirements, communicating the plan and impact to each relevant business unit
- Identify the needs of each project ahead of time, in terms of resource & logistics requirements & liaise with relevant personnel
- Liaise with external Clients to discuss project timelines and adjust the Master plan accordingly
- Ensure best practice is always used, whilst focusing on continuous process improvement
To be considered for this role, you must have the following proven key attributes:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role, where you have project managed a variety of projects which include having high level scheduling skills along with the ability to manage program dependencies across the business
- Project Management qualification is desired
- Experience in process mapping and process design of new work streams
- Telecommunication experience with field work exposure will be highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to maintain and build strong relationships with a range of stakeholders including Senior Mangers, Heads of Business Units as well as external Clients
- Intermediate to Advanced MS office skills as well as experience with Visio & MS Project will be essential
- Six Sigma experience will be highly desirable
- Strong problem and root cause analysis skills
- High attention to detail and strong organisational skillsPositive and can do attitude to take on any new duties which may include learning new and challenging tasks whilst working in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- This role will see you from time to time travelling Domestically
This is a great opportunity for those with all the relevant skills and experience in a Programme Management role looking to take on their next challenge in a fast paced, fast growing national company.
If you have all the relevant experience for this role then please apply on-line attaching an up-to-date resume in Word format ensuring that your relevant skills are highlighted in your resume
Successful candidates must have a clean valid police check (done within the last 6 months).
tech2 workers and their families enjoy a wide range of discounts at over 350 major retailers across Australia, thanks to our exclusive benefits program.
Please note, due to the high volume of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Proudly supporting veterans in the workforce