ACN 105 020 906
ABN 57 105 020 906
ACN 082 671 761
ABN 31 082 671 761
ACN 117 892 501
ABN 18 117 892 501
ACN 161 966 516
ABN 73 161 966 516
ACN 082 869 609
ABN 63 082 869 609
We at tech2 understand that your privacy is important. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is handled properly by our staff and our service providers. In addition, we comply with the Australian Privacy Principles (Privacy Act 1988; you can obtain a copy of the Australian Privacy Principles from http://www.oaic.gov.au), the Spam Act, and Do Not Call Register (you can obtain a copy of the Spam Act 2003 and Do Not Call Register 2006 from http://www.acma.gov.au).
If you have any concerns, complaints or would like further information on the type of personal information we hold and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information you should contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the nature of your request. We will endeavour to respond to you within 30 days, via the original means of contact.
We treat recorded information about an individual (including an opinion) as personal information if the subject individual can be identified from that information.
If you are a customer (or have enquired about our services), we only collect personal information that is necessary for our business and we only use fair and lawful means to do so. We aim to ensure that you are aware of the purpose or purposes of our collection and the extent to which we may disclose your personal information.
The main types of information we collect includes contact details such as email address, name, physical address, phone contacts and credit card details. Most information is collected electronically, and may in some instances be collected as a photograph.
We collect most of this information directly from you, such as when you enquire or use our services. Sometimes information about you may be provided to us by a third party including:
– one of our retail partners where you have purchased our services via such partners; or
– one of our partners where we have been contracted to complete a service on their behalf.
We retain your service details in secure customer management systems. This is so that we have a record of past jobs so we can diagnose problems faster, provide you with prompt service or use such data to market our services to you.
If you contact us, we will keep a record of that contact, both electronically in our customer management system, as well as an audio recording of conversations you may have with our employees at our contact centre. For audio recordings, you will have the option to ask us not to make such recordings, which you can do prior to starting your conversation with our employees.
If you are applying for a position with us, we may collect any information required in the course of our recruitment and management process such as your resume, contact details, skills, qualifications, languages spoken, residency status, referees, etc.
We do not disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Australia. If at some point in the future this position changes, we will take reasonable steps to notify you.
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know by sending us your request in writing to our Privacy Officer.
We make every reasonable effort to keep the personal information we hold secure. We hold your information in hard copy or electronic format stored securely in various Australian data centres.
We also take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We destroy or de-identify personal information when it is no longer needed. To help us keep your records up to date we recommend that you contact our Privacy Officer to:
• let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
• keep us up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or (email) address. If you subscribe to our email messages, you may change your personal details by using the relevant link provided at the end of each email message.
We will not collect information that is regarded as sensitive such as information regarding your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or religious or philosophical beliefs.
We do not routinely disclose personal information to third parties or use or disclose any information about you without your consent, unless:
• required by law;
• we believe it necessary to provide you with a service which you have requested;
• required to implement our terms of service;
• required to administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
• required to research and develop our services;
• the use or disclosure is permitted by this policy or by law;
• we require it to maintain, secure and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems; or
• some or all of the assets and operations of the business are or may be transferred to another party by way of sale of some or all of our business.
In addition, we may also disclose your personal information to third parties, where:
• your personal information is disclosed for the sole purpose of facilitating the marketing
of our services to you. This includes a mailing house or electronic communication platform provider. In these situations, we prohibit the third party from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it;
• required to our retail or other commercial partners where you have purchased or used our services;
• those third parties are our related companies.
We may use your personal information to provide you with further information from us including but not limited to industry news, updates and special offers and changes to our products and services that are relevant to you. If you indicate that you do not wish to receive these, we will not contact you for these purposes. Methods of contacting you include but are not limited to:
• Email – you can unsubscribe at any time, either via the unsubscribe link provided at the end of each email message, or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
• Direct Mail – you can unsubscribe at any time, either through the unsubscribe method that may be provided in the print material, or by contacting our Privacy Officer.
• SMS – we do not market our services to you via SMS. We will however send you an SMS for the sole purpose of fulfilling the services which you have requested. Such messages include:
– confirming your appointment;
– advising that a technician is on route;
– requesting your feedback on services we’ve performed; and/or
– reminding you that your subscription service is about to expire.
To stop receiving further messages via text, reply ‘stop’ or contact us via email, phone or mail. We may not be able to provide any further services if you make such a request.
• Telemarketing – we do not market our services to you via the use of outbound marketing techniques. We will however contact you via phone for the sole purpose of fulfilling a subscription you may have with us. Such messages may include:
– reminding you that you have an active subscription and to make the most of it; and/or
– reminding you that your subscription service with us is due to expire.
You can advise us at the time of the call that you do not wish to receive such reminders via phone, we will not contact you for these purposes.
In each of the above instances, please allow 5 business days for these requests to be processed.
We use cookie technology on our website to provide information and services to website visitors. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer’s hard disk for record keeping purposes and are a necessary part of facilitating online transactions. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. Cookies are useful to determine overall traffic patterns through our website.